Shine the spotlight on complementary therapy making an impact on UK health
So much to offer, so little recognition – complementary therapists have to work hard to get the attention they deserve. Our new awards programme will do wonders to highlight innovation, best practice and success.
Over 20,000 registered practitioners work in complementary therapies in the UK, helping people recover from illness and retain their equilibrium and wellbeing.
A recent report from the Royal Society of Public Health and the Professional Standards Authority (Untapped Resources: Accredited Registers in the Wider Workforce, 2017) reminded us of the potentially huge contribution that these practitioners could also make to promoting and protecting the public’s health.
The Complementary Therapy Awards 2018 are open to all complementary therapists working as individuals, or in teams where complementary therapists play a leading role. You may enter as many award categories as you like with different projects.
The closing date for entries is 17.00 Monday 3 September but it’s never too soon to start preparing your entry. If you apply by 18 July* your entry will be free. After that up to and including 3 September entries will cost £45. Download our Info sheet and Awards brochure above to find out what the judges are looking for and the information we need about your work or project.
* Extended from 2 July
The Award categories are:
- The Award for prevention and self-care
- The Award for cancer care
- The Award for palliative care
- The FHT Award for complementary therapy research
- The Award for mental health and well-being
- The Award for pain management, injury prevention and rehabilitation
- The Award for furthering integrated healthcare
- Overall winner – complementary therapist or team of the year